Biking Tour to Cai Be in Mekong Delta
Biking Tour to Cai Be in Mekong Delta is one-day tour from Saigon (HCMC). The Mekong Delta is ‘as flat as a pancake’, so cyclists of different levels can join any of our tours. 20-35km cycling through canals, orchards, along and over a myriad of small irrigation canals will let you see a unique area of Vietnam.
We ride from village to village, boarding a few boats along the way, to give you an up close perspective of Vietnamese life on the river is an experience rich with tradition, picturesque scenery and the foods and flavourers unique to southern Vietnam. In addition, the flat landscape of the river and rural pathways make it ideal to explore by bike.
Biking Tour to Cai Be in Details
You will be picked up at September 23 Park (Pham Ngu Lao Street, Dist 1) at 07:30 AM and spend 2 hours transfer by our private air- conditioned van for the 75km drive to the Tien Giang province of Delta.
The bikes are ready when you arrive in the Mekong Delta. We are off riding through stunning countryside on paved rural roads, vegetable farms and orchards full of locally grown fruit. The Mekong is Vietnam’s most abundant agricultural region and it’s also home to local artisans and weavers. We’ll stop at a small shop to see traditional woven mats and visit a nearby star apple, sapodilla plantations….
As we head further south along concrete canal paths, the vegetation grows denser and the streams start to look more like the larger tributaries of the Mekong.
We will visit a busy marketplace without the crush of tourists, as well as many other surprise stops
along the route.
Lunch will be served in a home business outside the village, with food sourced from the nearby
fresh food marketplace. The day concludes with about 1 hour on a private boat transfer along one of
region’s beautiful waterways, meet up the bus and transfer back to Saigon.
Arrive at September 23 Park, end of Biking Tour to Cai Be.
- English speaking biking guide. Biking guides are first aid qualified and bicycle maintenance qualified. Their role is to deliver a safe and enjoyable tour to the clients, they manage the group, coordinate the driver and support vehicle, buy snacks and fruit along the way, look out for client’s needs. They are cultural guides as well as pure biking.
- Meals in local restaurants as mentioned in the itinerary. (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)(depending on condition of local area, we have picnic for lunch sometimes)
- Private air-conditioned for a group from pick up and all support until drop off at the end as itinerary
- Local bike hire including transport of bikes(If you bring your own bike, fee is deducted)
- Water, snacks, fresh fruits, cool towel for cycling days
- All entrance fees and boat trip
- Tips to drivers, driver assistants, local people, porters at boat station, hotels and airports, guides.
- Transfer to/from the airport
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks during meals
- Personal travel insurance.
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping, camera film and so on…)
- Any other services not clearly stated in the itinerary and trip inclusive portion
Departure/Return LocationSaigon / Saigon
Departure Time07:00 AM
Return TimeApproximately 18:00 PM
Cai Be (Mekong Delta)